The present general conditions rules and are an integral part of the service agreement concluded between “Areias do Douro – Guest House”, a lodging establishment registered in the National Register of Local Accommodation with number 66824/AL, and the customer who subscribes to it, whose purpose is to provide tourist accommodation services.
Reservations should only be made by citizens of legal age.
The stays are booked according to the prices charged at the time of booking, affected by any promotions or discounts that may be in effect. Any subsequent price decrease that may occur does not entitle the customer to any price adjustment, reimbursement or compensation.
4. Payment deadlines
When the customer requests a reservation, the room (s) is (are) prevented from receiving new bookings by other interested parties. For this reason, the customer has a maximum of 24 hours to carry out the payment for the reservation, in the amount of 30% of the total value of the stay, and send us the proof. The remaining 70% of the amount of the stay must be paid, and proven, up to 14 days before the check-in date.
5. Withdrawal, no show, late arrival or early departure
In accordance with the provisions of article 17th of portuguese Decree Law no. 24/2014, “Contracts concluded at a distance and off-premises”, the withdrawal by the customer of a stay reserved for a specific date or period , does not entitle the refund of any amount already paid.
• if the customer has not proven payment for a reservation within the stipulated period, but manages to prove payment before the room is booked by a third party, he can recover the reservation.
• if the customer withdraws from a stay more than 14 days before the start date, he can use the amount paid for a second reservation made within 180 days of the previous reservation date. With the second reservation, the period for enjoying the credit ends, even if there is no enjoyment of the stay, for a reason not attributable to the service provider.
Late arrival ("late check-in") or early departure ("early check-out") are considered as a waiver of part of the stay, not giving rise to any refund of amounts paid.
6. Payment methodsDuring your stay we only accept payments in Euros (€), which can be in cash or transfers with MBWay. We do not accept other forms of payment.
7. Check in
In compliance with the provisions of articles 15.º and 16.º of portuguese Law 23/2007, "Legal regime for entry, stay, departure and removal of foreigners from the national territory", at the time of check in foreign citizens must provide your identification data to fill out the "Accommodation Bulletin". Failure to submit the necessary data will lead to refusal of admission.
• 15:00 to 20:30 - free
• 20:30 to 22:30 - 10€ for each hour delay
After 22:30 we do not check in and we consider that there has been a “no show”.
• until 12:00
Upon check-out, the guest may have to compensate the owner for any and all damages for which he is responsible.
It is not allowed to enter and/or stay in the accommodation of people who are not part of the guest list and who have not checked in.
Violation of this rule, by any guest, may force the termination of the stay of all guests of the same reservation and consequent immediate abandonment of the accommodation, without the right to any refund of amounts paid or compensation.
10. Tourist tax
No tourist fees are charged.
Reservations made on a given date are subject to the "Booking Policy" in force on that same date.